Today’s tactical flashlights often ask users to sacrifice light-casting distance for long-lasting battery life or vice versa, but ExtremeBeam’s new M600 Fusion answers the question of, “Why can’t you have your cake and eat it too?”
Utilizing a 600 lumen high-output LED and a modified version of the company’s SuperLumen® reflector cone, the M600 Fusion is capable of projecting a wide-set beam to distances of 330 meters. The precision-engineered reflecting cone is machined from solid bar stock aluminum, which not only allows for optimum light-casting ability, but also heat dispersion that is unmatched by pressed-tin or molded-plastic reflecting cones often found in other flashlights.
Equally as impressive as the M600 Fusion’s light casting-ability, is its runtime. The M600 Fusion has a runtime of 6 hours when used in its high setting, 12 hours in medium, 24 hours in low and 10 hours in strobe.
Like most full-size flashlights from ExtremeBeam, the M600 Fusion
features a housingmachined from solid bar stock aluminum, double O-ring seals for waterproof protection to 30 feet, and ExtremeBeam’s Anti-Recoil® system making it weapons mountable up to .50 BMG. This proprietary system works by replacing conventional springs found in the tail cap with a piston that absorbs shock and impact, where as typical springs transfer recoil energy to the batteries – essentially turning them into a battering ram that can cause damage to the fragile circuitry.
The M600 Fusion weighs just 9 ounces with batteries and measures 6.38 inches in length. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty that even covers destruction and has an MSRP of $129.95.
M600 Fusion Techinical Specs:
- Modes: High-Medium-Low-Strobe-Off
- Anti-Recoil System (.50cal BMG)
- Waterproof to 30 feet
- SuperLumen® Flood Technology (precision mirrored reflecting cone)
- Weight (with batteries): 252 grams (8.9 ounces)
- Total Length: 161.93mm (6.38 inches)
- Head Bezel Width: 44.45mm (1.75 inches)
- Main Body Width: 28.57mm (1.125 inches)
- Light Performance: 25000LUX at 1 meter
- Light Volume: 600 Lumens
- Light Projections: 330 Meters
- Average Run Time: 6 hours (high) 12 hours (medium) 24 hours (low) 10 hours (strobe)
- Battery Type: Two 3.0 or 3.6 volt CR123 batteries
Image courtesy ExtremeBeam