Pure Fishing Announces Team Sponsorship Opportunity to College Anglers
Pure Fishing in conjunction with The Association of Collegiate Anglers and the Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, will be facilitating the selection and approval process for the Pure Fishing Collegiate Team. Students and/or advisors of each of these programs will be notified in the coming days of the full program details and requirements for the 2015 Pure Fishing Collegiate Team program.
“We are proud to be celebrating our 10th anniversary with Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series,” stated Andrew Marks, Pure Fishing Marketing Director, “and also continuing to offer innovative incentives and pro style endorsement programs. We have hired several college graduates that we have recognized as high achievers from these programs and they are the key to our future as a company and industry.”
- Collegiate anglers selected to represent Pure Fishing brands and be a part of the Pure Fishing Team will receive $1,000 MSRP in tackle. The tackle selection will be made by the angler with assistance from Pure Fishing personnel. Orders will be placed via an online ordering system, once jersey designs (explained below) are final AND approved. Each angler/team will be selected by Pure Fishing and assistance from CarecoTV/Association of Collegiate Anglers personnel based upon the 2014 Cabela’s School of the Year rankings as well as other criteria and qualifications.
- The first spots Pure Fishing is offering will be to the final top ten schools from the 2014 Cabela’s School of the Year program. The spots available to each of the top ten teams will be as follows:
- University of North Alabama – 10 Spots
- University of Louisiana Monroe – 6 Spots
- Bethel University – 4 Spots
- Murray State University – 4 Spots
- University of Alabama – 4 Spots
- University of Tennessee – 4 Spots
- Mississippi State – 4 Spots
- Georgetown College – 4 Spots
- Clemson University – 4 Spots
- Kansas State University – 4 Spots
- There will be at least 12 additional spots available to individuals to register for a chance to be a member of the Pure Fishing Program for anglers/teams that finished outside the top ten.
- Those that finished in the top ten in the 2014 Cabela’s School of the Year program that decline this opportunity will forgo their membership. Thus the membership will be available to students outside of the top ten from the 2014 Cabela’s SOY program.
- To register for your chance to be a part of the Pure Fishing Collegiate Team, fill out this form and email it to College@CarecoTV.com
Students selected for this sponsorship program must compete in at least one of the four nationally televised Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series events in 2015. These events include the Cabela’s Collegiate Big Bass Bash, the Collegiate Bass Fishing Open, the Collegiate Texas Shootout or the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship.
Pure Fishing CollegiateTeam members are encouraged to participate in as many as possible, but participation in at least one is required. Complete details of these events can be found at: www.CollegiateBassChampionship.com
An approved Pure Fishing jersey will be required for each selected Pure Fishing Collegiate Team member. Each sponsored angler must display a combination of four brands and/or sub-brands to be included in the program.
- One brand must be the second largest logo, after the school logo
- Three additional brands must be in prominent locations on the jersey
- There is no limit on the number of Pure Fishing brands or other non-competing sponsors that may be displayed on the jersey
- No competitive line, soft or hard bait, rod, or reel brand logos will be allowed on the jersey of sponsored anglers
- The brand with the largest logo is the brand that you intend to support and receive the most product from
- Schools may mix brands between selected participants
- Each angler that is selected and approved must submit photos and/or videos of the product in usage that helps educate and excite other anglers about our Brands and Products. Future communication will outline where to upload this information.
Approved Pure Fishing brands include: Abu Garcia, Berkley, Spiderwire, Stren, Pflueger, Fenwick, Johnson and Sebile. Approved sub-brands include: PowerBait, Havoc, Trilene, Revo, and Nanofil.
All anglers must submit the final rendition of the jersey to ACA/Pure Fishing personnel prior to being able to order the products associated with the sponsorship.
You are responsible for ordering (and purchasing) your jersey and obtaining a proof of the artwork. You can use any jersey vendor you would like, but the ACA does have a relationship with Gemini and the Pure Fishing logos are readily available.
This sponsorship will be in addition to the Pure Fishing Collegiate Purchase Program available to all ACA participants, which includes discounts across all brands. Sponsored anglers are also eligible for the Pure Fishing Contingency Program, including the Abu Garcia Daily Big Bass Award and the Berkley Top Angler Awards. A complete listing of these program details can be found here.
All students will be required to provide a valid school email address to route communications through during the 2014 season.
Please have an officer in the club, or a club advisor/coach, reply to College@CarecoTV.com letting us know if this is an offer you would like your team to participate in, along with information about your nominations. We will need the following information:
- Nominees names, contact information, and school email addresses
- An additional club officer, advisor, or coach’s phone and email to confirm nominations once submitted
Logo courtesy Pure Fishing