TrackingPoint, creator of the world’s first and only Precision-Guided Firearm (PGF) systems, today announces the world’s first weapon-integrated digital shooting glasses, ShotGlass. The new digital shooting glasses allow you to routinely make extraordinary shots from around corners, covered positions, over walls and behind trees. ShotGlass™ includes a video camera, microphone, and a high-definition video display, that automatically records high definition videos of your hunting and shooting experiences.
“ShotGlass is similar to Google Glass but optimized for shooting sports,” said TrackingPoint CEO John Lupher. “The innovative shooting glasses have an aggressive high-tech posture and connect wirelessly to TrackingPoint’s Precision-Guided Firearm’s. ShotGlass can even record the excitement of your voice when you make an astonishing shot on a moving trophy at extreme distance.”
ShotGlass has four primary uses:
- Shooting around corners. Shoot from completely protected positions from behind trees or around corners when necessary to remain unexposed to the target.
- Increase situational awareness. When you are zoomed in on a target with your Precision-Guided Firearm, the view in ShotGlass can remain zoomed out. This permits you two unique fields-of-view on the same shot.
- Video/Voice Recording. ShotGlass can record everything you are seeing and saying. With the same capabilities as a GoPro, ShotGlass videos can download directly to smart devices for sharing with friends, family and social media.
- Collaborative shooting and mentoring. Friends or family can wear ShotGlass™ while others are shooting. They can see exactly what the shooter is seeing and share the same experience. Fathers can mentor children by guiding them to the proper whitetail. Professional hunters can see exactly what target their client is engaging and direct the client to the desired target and to the actual desired point-of-impact. In battle, a spotter wears ShotGlass to direct their sniper to the desired target in real-time under high battle stress.
ShotGlass is simple to use. Put them on like any other glasses and get ready to experience high-definition displays showing exactly what the TrackingPoint Precision-Guided Firearm is pointing toward. Now engage your target without actually looking through the Precision-Guided Firearm. You can shoot from a completely covered position without exposing your position. Hit a wild boar at 900 yards from behind a tree with only the PGF and shooting hand exposed. Tag-and-Shoot an entire pack of wild boar without being detected.
“Wearable tech, designed to enhance the shooting and hunting experience, changes the way you experience the sport,” said TrackingPoint CEO John Lupher. “ShotGlass adds an element to hunting and shooting that is beyond belief.”
- Wide Screen WQVGA display (Image appears as if on a 30″ HD Display)
- High contrast and brightness
- Power saving sleep mode
- Optical control buttons – control even with hunting gloves on
- HD Camera
- Speaker and Microphone
Accepting pre-orders now for delivery in March, ShotGlass is available for $995 to TrackingPoint Precision-Guided Firearm owners. ShotGlass™ is free of charge with the purchase of your Precision-Guided Firearm prior to November 30, 2014. For more information visit www.Tracking-Point.com/ShotGlass.
Image courtesy TrackingPoint