Winners to be Announced at Screening during the SEMA Show
October 21, 2015 (MILWAUKEE) – OPTIMA® Batteries, the global leader in high-performance automotive and marine batteries and digital battery chargers, is excited to announce the release of the trailer for its Ultimate Film Festival finale screening event. Fans can check out the compilation trailer, featuring many of the 2015 entries, now on the OPTIMA Batteries YouTube channel.
Or watch the trailer embedded below:
The first-annual OPTIMA Ultimate Film Festival challenged enthusiasts across the country to submit their most exciting and powerful performance automotive content for two categories: Short Form and Action Cam. The Short Form category films feature a story or documentary about the performance vehicle enthusiast passion and hobby and are less than ten minutes long. The Action Cam films feature a performance moment demonstrating a performance vehicle in action in two minutes or less, shot exclusively on POV action cams.
The submitted films include a wide variety of vehicles, stories and drivers, from the action of a race on the Eurospeedway Lausitz, to a young man’s journey to become an off-road truck racing champion. From dozens of entries, OPTIMA Batteries selected following finalists:
Short Form Films
- Derric Curran – A chronicle of Will Tucker’s love for Chevys, blues and the rich history of each
- Will Gentile – Heavy Metal Concepts encourages viewers to “embrace the journey”
- Bryant Lambert – The journey and subsequent title defense of Jerett Brooks’ 2014 TORC Pro Lite Championship
- Taylor McGohan – Taylor explains why his car is for more than just racing, it’s also a vehicle for life’s greatest experiences
- Scott Payton – Farks Supercars and American Racing Headers’ story encapsulates the joy, hard work and occasional disappointments that go with a racing title
- Robert Pitard – SmokinStangs stays true to their name with Mustangs on Mustangs on Mustangs
- Sean Rad – Weistec Engineering showcases their products built by adrenaline junkies for adrenaline junkies
- Matt Sanders – A Russian kingpin attempts to become a legend by taking down two of moto’s finest
- Dom Tucci – A 1970 Ford Mustang Fastback’s journey starting from the garage
Action Cam Films
- Taylor Best – A track-level perspective of OPTIMA’s Search for the Ultimate Street Car
- Ben Cissell – In Ben’s words, “no music, no fancy graphics, just vintage racing”
- Chris Gray – This shop gives an exclusive look at the ultimate roadster
- Dom Tucci – A fun take on every enthusiast’s favorite: donuts
- Ryan Tuerck – Tuerck puts you in the driver’s seat for a full-speed drifting experience
- Mike Turnbull – A first person view of every intense turn, jump and crash on the course
- Jordan Unternaher – A drone provides the incredible aerial view of super-trucks at work
- Johnny Wilkinson – A thrilling, behind-the-scenes look at rock-crawling’s dips, bumps and twists
“We were thrilled by the incredible submissions we received, from edge-of-your-seat action to heartwarming victory stories,” said Cam Douglass, marketing director at OPTIMA Batteries. “These films truly stood out as exceptional, and we can’t wait to see which two come out on top at the final event during SEMA.”
The finalist films will be shown at exclusive screening event on Thursday, November 5, 2015, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The event is free with a limited number of tickets available in the OPTIMA Batteries SEMA Booth, #22755. Both winning films will receive top honors as either the “Best in Show” film or “Best Action Cam” film and will be included in a one-hour TV special broadcast by MAVTV in 2016.
David Freiburger of The Enthusiast Network’s automotive adventure show, Roadkill, will host this dynamic finale event where attendees will be using Wedgies.com text-to-vote technology to determine the winners.
“Each of the finalists’ films tells a different story about the performance automotive world, and it’s going to be phenomenal to see them up on the big screen,” said Frieburger. “I can’t wait to feel the energy in the room and announce the two winners in Vegas.”
With the excitement and success generated from this first-annual Ultimate Film Festival, OPTIMA Batteries is gearing up to expand the program to qualifying Film Festival events throughout 2016. The OPTIMA team plans to announce details for local qualifying events and another SEMA final at the Film Festival event.
The 2015 final screening event is presented by K&N Filters, the Short Form category is sponsored by Holley Performance Products, the voting sponsor is Hawk Performance Brakes and the social media sponsor is Classics Culture. For official rules, FAQs and full list of submission criteria details, visit www.optimafilmfest.com. Visit OPTIMA Batteries on Facebook and Twitter to join the conversation.
About OPTIMA® Batteries
OPTIMA® YELLOWTOP®, REDTOP® and BLUETOP® batteries are available through leading battery distributors globally. When looking for OPTIMA Batteries consumers should look for the unique, colored-top and SIX PACK™ design which OPTIMA is known throughout the world. In 2012, OPTIMA added to its product line with the innovative OPTIMA® Chargers Digital 1200 Battery Charger for all automotive and marine batteries. To find out more information or purchase OPTIMA products consumers may visit www.optimabatteries.com. Consumers can also call 1-888-8OPTIMA (1-888-867-8462) for additional information.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and seating components and systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2015, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its annual “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.