I live in the suburbs, sad but true, no towering mountains, no forests, no rushing rivers. We do, however, have access to pockets of beautiful nature, with trails for running, hiking, cycling, and canoeing. So while there are some that can step out their door and onto dirt, we traverse asphalt streets or cement sidewalks for our dose of the great outdoors.
Hence, our gear sometimes has to do double or triple duty. A shoe that can take us from house to street to trail and back is more useful than footwear created for technical terrain. If a shoe is comfortable for walking, hiking, running, and cycling, so much the better. Sometimes low-tech is more useful than activity specific gear.
- Closed Mesh upper with welded seam for strong support
- Techlite collar and tongue for comfort and support
- 3-Part Techlite midsole
- Forefoot lateral and medial Techlite outriggers for maximum side to side support
- Midfoot Techlite platform for consistent cushioning
- Rearfoot Techlite heel cup for support and cushioning
- Internal TPU shank for torsion control
- Omni-Grip® high traction rubber compound for versatile outdoor conditions
- Weight: size 9 ½ pair = 11.28oz/320g
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review purposes, courtesy of Columbia Sportswear, via OutdoorHub. I was not compensated in any other way for the review, was not obligated to give it a positive review, and all opinions are my own. Some information in this review was taken from the company website.