Can-Am Commander XT Side by Side
Agnieszka Spieszny 09.22.11
The Commander XT side by side was one of the more memorable rides at BRP’s Ultimate Playground in Detroit. Thank goodness the seats were extremely comfortable because I was the passenger to an absolutely crazy, thrill seeking driver who nearly flipped us by suddenly accelerating as we took a curve. We were just pushing the Commander XT to its limits then, not anything comparable to a real-life scenario though.
I felt safe and secure thanks to the 2 inch steel cage that’s standard in the industry for rollover protection. The seat belt functioned flawlessly and didn’t cut off circulation to my legs on the high jumps from bumps. And I definitely made use of the passenger handhold on the console to my left.
- Rotax 1000 EFI engine, 85 hp
- Industry-best fuel efficiency
- Double A-arm front suspension
- Torsional Trailing arm Independent (TTI) rear suspension with external sway bar
- Viso-Lok Auto-locking front differential
- Dual-level cargo box
- 4,000 lb winch with roller fairlead
- 14 inch cast-aluminum wheels
- 27 inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires
- Analog/digital gauge