9 Stocking Stuffers for Fans of the Browning Buckmark
OutdoorHub Reporters 12.04.17
Looking for a great gift for the outdoor man or woman on your shopping list who loves the Browning Buckmark? Yes, Browning is known for producing high-quality firearms, but it also offers a wide range of other products that any outdoors enthusiast would love to see under the Christmas tree.
Let’s start with knives. From basic everyday carry pocket knives to high-grade collector’s models, Browning has something for everyone. Here are three of our favorites.
1. The new Buckmark Hunter knife ($34.99) has a mirror polished 3.125-inch, 8cr14MoV stainless-steel blade with anti-skid grooves on the blade spine. The knife features full-length tang construction for superior strength. The handle is two-tone hardwood with brass accents, and a finger groove cutout for full control during cutting chores. The knife also comes with a top grain leather belt sheath stamped with the Buckmark logo.
2. The Speed Load Ceramic ($39.99) knife has a 3-inch folding liner-lock blade with replaceable ceramic blade inserts. Drop point, Guthook and Caper blade inserts are included with the knife. The handle of the Speed Load Ceramic is injection-molded polymer with rubber grip inserts. A steel pocket clip, thumb stud and rugged nylon belt sheath with polymer hard case insert for storing extra blades are included. Overall length is 7 inches.
3. Offered in limited quantities, the magnificent Visual Effects Mammoth line of knives ($499.99) are made in Italy, with the handles made in the USA. A brief history lesson: Woolly mammoths once thrived across the globe, living in Africa, Europe, Asia and North America. These mighty beasts became extinct near the end of the last Ice Age. In rare examples, the animal’s tusks, teeth and bones were covered by sediments, protecting them from decay. Over millennia, dissolved minerals replaced these animal tissues to become the fossils from which the unique handles of Browning Visual Effects Mammoth knives have been crafted. How cool is that!?
In addition to knives, Browning has a wide variety of flashlight offerings. Check out our half-dozen favorites.
4. The new High Noon USB Rechargeable Spotlight ($109.99) with Power Bank features brightness levels from 50 to 915 Lumens, with an effective distance of 125 to 550 yards, depending on model. The Power Bank function can be used to recharge smartphones and other USB electronic devices. The spotlight weighs only 14.5 ounces. And look at its shape: The spotlight would fit perfectly into the bottom/bend of a large Christmas stocking!
5. The Crossfire 1AA USB Rechargeable Flashlight ($54.99) features brightness from 102 to 300 lumens, and an effective distance of 85 to 150 yards, depending on the battery used. The light uses either one 14500 3.7V 800mAh lithium ion rechargeable battery, or one AA alkaline battery (both are included). At only 5.375-inches long, the lightweight compact design gives incredible output.
6. The new Epic 1AA USB Rechargeable Headlamp ($64.99) features brightness levels from 100 to 260 lumens, and an effective distance of 75 to 115 yards, depending on battery used. It uses the same lithium-ion rechargeable battery as the Crossfire flashlight, or one AA alkaline battery (both are included). The rugged Vista camo polymer body is tough and water-resistant, and a mere 3.5 inches in length.
7, 8 and 9. We’re combining the final three flashlights from Browning because like a great Christmas cookie, you’re going to want more than just one. First is the 4 to 35 lumen rechargeable Flash Keychain Light ($19.99); put your truck keys on this keychain light and never be caught in the dark again. Second is the 20 to 160 lumen rechargeable Microblast Pen Light ($44.99); this light is perfect for your gun cleaning kit or tool box. Last but not least is the rechargeable 11 to 21 lumen Night Seeker Cap Light ($21.99); it clips to the bill of your cap, can be angled up or down, and has a white or green LED with multiple brightness levels. In a word: handy.
Christmas is just around the corner — we hope these nine ideas help you find the perfect gift!