Gear Hunter: Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Spinning Combo
OutdoorHub Reporters 08.13.20
On today’s Gear Hunter, we’re checking out the Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Spinning Combo. Let’s wet a line.
You saw how we cleaned the fish in our last episode, so now we’ll show you what kind of tackle we used, and why we chose to go that route. For this Gear Hunter, we paired two Bass Pro Shops products together for some spring walleye fishing here in Michigan. We’re going to be reviewing the Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Spinning Rod, and we paired that with the Johnny Morris Platinum Signature Spinning Reel.
This Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Spinning Combo we put together was perfect for the walleye run here in Michigan. The rod has a ‘fast tip’ which allows you to feel the jig as it bounces along the bottom and even those very subtle strikes, but also has a stout backbone for the hook set. And as you saw, it handled a fish that wasn’t necessarily on our target list, but still fun nonetheless. Nice little byproduct of the spring walleye spawn!
The drag on the Platinum Spinning Reel was super smooth, and allowed for fine tune adjusts whenever necessary.
Let’s review the key features you will find on the Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Spinning Combo we put together:
- Strong, sensitive and precise one-piece aluminum frame
- Lightweight rotor distributes stress evenly
- Digitally designed micro-pitched gearing system
- 11-bearing (10+1) system with powerlocking instant anti-reverse
- water-resistant six-disc felt/aluminum drag
- RT4 Graphite blank
- Carbon Coil Technology
- Durable Fuji FaZlite guides
- Skeletonized Air reel seat
- Comfortable, non-slip Winn grips
- Built-in Line ID