[SHOT Show 2020] NEW 5.11 Tactical Stealth Shorts & ABR Pro Shorts
Adam Scepaniak 02.03.20
Each year at SHOT Show, 5.11 Tactical brings out a bevy of new products for their consumers, and they did not disappoint this year. Two new articles of clothing they have unveiled for the soon-to-come warmer months, are the ABR Pro and Tactical Stealth Shorts. Essentially they took two of their most popular pairs of pants, and converted them into what is likely going to be equally popular shorts!
At SHOT Show 2020, 5.11 Tactical unveiled the return of their Tactical Kilt, an improved Holster Shirt for concealed carry, a brand new Rush 100 Pack, a VR Hexgrid system for storing gear in vehicles, and their ATLAS Footwear system. Be sure to check out all of those previously covered new items, but for now, let’s dive into the 5.11 Tactical Stealth and ABR Pro Shorts!
5.11 TACTICAL STEALTH Shorts 10.5″
These Tactical Stealth Shorts feature hallmark traits of being soft, lightweight, and constructed of a tremendously breath-able material. I personally own a pair of the 5.11 Tactical Bravo Pants which utilize similar fabrics and materials, and can attest to the freedom of movement you will have with these shorts. The Stealth Shorts are not only light and non-restricting, but it is intelligently designed for storage like all things produced by 5.11 Tactical.
The complete specs for this short can be read below as presented by 5.11 Tactical:
- 100% polyester mechanical stretch fabric with Enduro-Flex™ properties, 3.3 oz, wicking finish
- Low profile back body pockets with hook and loop closure
- Flexi-cuff tunnels at inside waistband
- 5.11[+] woven label at bottom of right cargo pocket
- Running inseam gusset & Concealed back yoke pockets
- Low profile cargo pockets with zipper closure
- [+] embroidery at top of left cargo pocket
- 9 pockets
MSRP for the Stealth Shorts is going to be set at $64.99 and available in an assortment of five different colors: Ranger Green, Peacoat, Black, Stone, and Flint.
For something light with a lot of free movement built in, these shorts could be great for a variety of summer activities. Sound off in the comments section below and let us know what you will be wearing them for!
5.11 TACTICAL ABR 11″ PRO SHORTS
The next pair of shorts for 2020 are the ABR Pro Shorts. A direct descendant of the ABR Pro Pants, but finally offered in a shorts version, for those of us addicted to the comfort and usefulness. I have been a fan of the ABR Pro Pants for about a year now because they are a fantastic design for concealed carry and everyday work.
The waistband has a small amount of flex to it so you can easily carry Inside-the-Waistband (IWB), or if you have a more manual task in front of you, you will not be restricted in your movement whatsoever. You also get a dedicated pocket for a carry knife, or box cutter, depending on what your occupation or recreation entails.
Other characteristics of the ABR 11″ Pro Shorts you might appreciate can be read below as presented by 5.11 Tactical:
- 71% polyester/29% cotton, FlexLite™ ripstop, 5.4-oz, Teflon™
- Comfort waist & Cargo pockets
- Knife pocket on wearer’s right leg
- D-ring on wearer’s front right belt loop
- Inseam gusset & Reinforced seat
- Teflon™ finish resists water, dirt, and stains for longer wear
- Device pocket on wearer’s left leg
- Back body yoke seam pockets & Fade resistant tool strap
- 5.11 woven logo label at bottom of right cargo pocket
- 9 pockets
The current MSRP for the 5.11 Tactical ABR 11″ Pro Shorts is $52.99, and similar to the Stealth 10.5″ Short, will be available in an assortment of five different colors: Ranger Green, Peacoat, Black, Stone, and Flint.