Review: Red Oxx Safari-Beanos Bag PR5
Bob Zubkoff 08.16.19
Recently, I was sent on a trip to Utah to capture content for a Precision Rifle Training Course. For this trip, I was determined to find a duffel bag to transport my camera gear safely, and I finally found the one that meets all of my needs. Whenever I am taking photos or video outdoors, I often bring multiple cameras along with a handful of accessories. I needed a bag that was suitable to carry on an airplane, and rugged enough to go from the airport straight to the outdoors. The Red Oxx Safari-Beanos Bag PR5 met all the requirements I was looking for in a travel/in the field bag.
The Safari-Beanos Bag PR5 has 6 pockets with a Large main compartment.
I was able to fit two cameras (in their cases) in the duffel bag with a load of accessories. This duffel bag is a perfect sized bag for a weekend getaway as well – you could easily store a couple outfits, a computer, shoes, and other travel items
Traveling through the airport with this bag was super convenient. With a handle over the center, an optional/removable shoulder strap and my favorite, the pass through pocket that allows you to slide the duffel over the handle of a large roller bag, there are seemingly endless ways to grab the Safari-Beanos Bag and head to your destination.
The Safari-Beanos Bag PR5 has rugged, heavy-duty construction. All straps, zippers, seams, clips and hardware used to manufacture this bag are very high quality and durable.
All of Red Oxx’s bags are manufactured in their own factory in Billings, Montana U.S.A. Red Oxx stands behind the quality of their products and offers a “No Bull, No Questions Asked” Lifetime Warranty. This is a real lifetime warranty too!
I would recommend this bag as an outdoor duffel, or a short trip packing solution. It’s weather resistant and rugged enough to withstand some punishment, and also has all the storage convenience you need for casual traveling. At $225, the Safari-Beanos Bag PR5 is not a bargain option, but it’s worth the money and it should last a lifetime.
Technical and design Specs
- 1000 weight CORDURA® nylon, the bags are stitched together using a
- proprietary super strong UV resistant thread in every seam.
- Each stress point, such as where the handles attach to a bag, is double-box stitched.
- Red Oxx uses the largest zipper available, the #10 YKK VISLON® vinyl zipper, because its easy to repair, self-locking, difficult to penetrate, plus jam and rust resistant.
- Heavy duty, nickel plated hardware
- Red Ox Non-slip Claw Shoulder Strap
Weight & Dimensions
- 24″L x 10″W x 10″H (legal carry-on measurements)
- Capacity: 2,400 cubic inches.
- Weight: 3.4 pounds.
- Dual end compartments: 10″W x 10″H x 3″D
- Dual end zippered flat pockets: 10″W x 10″H
- Front exterior zippered flat pocket: 16″W x 7″H
- Back exterior twin zippered flat pass-through pocket: 16″W x 7.5″H
- Main compartment: 10″W x 18″L x 10″H